The Billion Dollar Fund Campaign
our pledge is aimed at mobilizing a global consortium committed to raise & invest $1 BILLION by 2020 in women founders, rapidly increasing the funding pipeline within the next decade, with a concerted effort by the funding circle.
Closing the funding gap requires a concerted effort to remove the biases we are bringing to the table, catch our pattern matching, and ultimately take a hard stance to change the outdated practices and policies that continue to fuel an unfair funding environment.
How Does It Work?
As the folks behind the cheques, we have a larger responsibility in ensuring true diversity in our dealflow and we pledge to work through subconscious & unconscious biases in investment considerations, advocating for the success of female founders and increasing our allocation of investment in women
As a participant of TBDF & BTB, I pledge to:
- ensure that women-founded startups, firms and funds, are included in my deal flow and highlighted to my investment committee
- increase my overall investment in women-founded companies, firms and funds by the target amount I have specified by 2020 (Cohort 1) and 2023 (Cohort 2)
- commit to providing constructive feedback to women who pitch to me and are declined
In return, TBDF & BTB will support pledgers by:
- serving as a global consortium, facilitating increased exposure to global institutional funders and limited partners such as pension funds, endowments, sovereign funds, private equity, family offices and larger venture funds
- providing bigger-picture opportunities towards the $1Bn goal, including: (i) invitations to convenings globally- bridging the LP and GP gap (ii) invitations to join fund marketplaces & potentially be included in a woman-managed Fund of Funds*
- driving global awareness through a year-long online and offline campaign and global investor roadtrips